After All World Cards also another Credit Card market decided to publish a dataset of data for free to advertise. BidenCash yesterday June 16 published an archive containing various information of credit card holders.
The archive containing a CSV file with 7.948.862 lines contains the following information:
- Address of Residence/Domicile
- Telephone number
- Credit Card number
- Type and Circuit of the Credit Card
Some information, such as credit card number or email address, is not always present.
Overall there are 6.682 credit cards, but from our analysis only 1.281 would be new, valid and never before shared in the deep web. However, there are 3.076.098 unique email addresses.
By analyzing the more than 1200 new credit cards in our Threat Intelligence platform we can get some statistics:
- The USA is the country most involved with 631 credit cards, followed by Brazil with 129 and England with 142. There are only 17 Italian cards;
- Mainly there are credit cards of the Visa circuit, 777 precisely, 36 Mastercard and 19 Discover;
- The most involved issuer is the JP Morgan with 93 cards, followed by the Bank of America and Capital One Bank.
We have analyzed the published data set and verified the data contained, not only the credit cards are true. The information (phone number, email and address) of the Italian users mentioned are also correct.
The data was probably collected by web skimmers, sometimes there are HTML error messages in the compilation of common online shop forms (ex “Please select region or province”, “Si prega di selezionare la regione, lo stato o la provincia”, etc)
All credit and financial institutions, our clients, have been notified so that they can suspend compromised credit cards in advance.